summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 1, 2016

welcome february!


Jonathan with our little friend, A.

New things at our house! We are watching little A. three days a week. Today was her first day here. For 2 and a half, she's very well adjusted. We took her to the pool...she lasted about 20 minutes and started asking for her blankie and ba-ba. Okay...when you're little, 20 minutes in the pool is a long time.

I made brownies today, for the kids to have when they got home from school. For me, I made flaxseed blueberry muffins, and chocolate flaxseed muffins. They're made with no flour, lots of eggs, coconut oil, and just a bit of honey to sweeten them.

Our Norway trip is coming up soon, next month! We have to get Sonja's passport, soon!

Little A. looks like she's going to fall asleep...Sonja is playing on the tablet with her. We don't watch television here during the day, but she likes Peppa Pig so Jon streamed it on the tablet for her, for one show. She has found lots of other things to do though.

We had an amazing dinner yesterday. Emily, Mirielle, Mali, baby Lydia, and our friend Adrian were here. I made beef in the crock pot, and ten pounds of red-skinned mashed potatoes, and Mali made a huge salad, and bought Italian bread. (no, I didn't). Em was getting out plates, and asked how many were here...I started with 18 and subtracted who wasn't here, and got confused, she tried to count, then said, "I'm just putting a stack of plates on the table." (There were 12 eating (not baby Lydia!), because Char and Cam were at their friend's house)

We watched Downton Abbey, without popcorn this time, because dinner was late, and I really didn't need to carb up again, it had only been since Friday...popcorn is just too good.

Oh well....sometimes I am too distracted...little A. is being so cute...



1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Perhaps you could post the recipes for those muffins.........I have a severe gluten allergy and these sound wonderful :-) Here is one you might like.....

2 ripe bananas
4 eggs
Fresh berries

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin and put a few berries in the bottom of each. Mash the bananas, add the eggs and mix. Pour over the berries and bake for about 12 minutes. Easy peasy :-)

I haven't made them yet, as berries are still too expensive here. I'm not going to spend $5 for 6 berries, but I think they would be yummy.

Marilyn from Canada