summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 7, 2016

stupidbowl sunday....


We had a nice warm February day...enjoyed some outside time in the afternoon with Suri and Duke.


There were even some bare feet! Kathryn likes soccer.

And if you like football, fine. I don't hate it, I would just exist perfectly content it it was never even invented. So today, my boys who still live at home (Jon and Joseph) went to a Superbowl party. Then Mirielle picked up Kathryn, Suzanne, and Sonja, and took them to a Superbowl party, leaving me here with Evelyn Joy (16), Miss Char (9), and Miss Cam (8). We watched Shrek, read some Little House, then watched Downton Abbey with popcorn.

We didn't get one glimpse of the much-adored commercials, nor watch any of the hyped up game.

And guess what?

We don't care.

I asked the little girls if they wanted to turn it on for just a few minutes to see what it was all about, but they didn't, so we didn't. The older girls came home and told me about Beyonce's skimpy attire, and how it's just degrading to women, ect. How did we get to the point where, number one, this is acceptable, and number two, it's necessary to be so drastic to try to stick out which backfires because they all do it now and it's not trailblazing, it's just skanky. There, I said it.

Anyway. We had a cozy evening, just Evelyn and I and the little girls. We really enjoy watching Downton.

Paul's gone again, I drove him to the airport bright and early this fine morning. He's in Jacksonville for the week, poor guy.

I am reading, "To Kill A Mockingbird", which I don't believe I have read since high school. Emily bought me tickets to see it performed downtown in the theater, for Christmas. Paul will be in France, so I think she will have to go with me.:)

A busy week is planned! I now babysit for sweet little A. on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Tomorrow I might have the twins here for a while too. Sometimes Davian comes to play. Then on Thursday, Kim and I are taking our younger homeschooled kids to a hotel for the night, to swim in the pool and soak in the hot tub.

Friday night, Paul comes home again, and I will be watching little grandbaby Lydia.

Oh, we got Sonja's passport the other day! I told Paul that I think we've done this like 13 times now, ha.

Anyhoo. Morning comes early...

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

What a beautiful day............and you have no snow left! We still have some, but it is sheer ice!!! Terrible. During the day it melts and at night it freezes. Awful. We are having glorious days too. Yesterday was 8C. I couldn't care less about the Super Bowl either. The best part is watching the adds, but we don't get those..........Canada shows Canadian ads instead. Usually we are in Arizona for this event. We watch Downton Abbey too. What a great series and I am going to be very sad when it is over😥 ........I'm thinking Mrs Hughes is going to give Mr Carson a piece of her mind pretty soon.........Brahahaha ............such a marvellous script and cast. Have a good day!

Marilyn from Canada

Katie said...

It's freezing in Jacksonville. He's not escaping the cold, don't be too jealous.