summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, November 19, 2015

trying to fit it all in...

There was a museum trip that I was bound and determined to fit in this week. So I planned it for Tuesday. Then dang it, there was a basketball game I needed to work. Then Wednesday, but there was Activity Club in the afternoon. Thursday? Yes, Thursday it is. Then lo and behold, a friend of ours lost his mama, and the calling hours are...on Thursday. Who was the one who said that it isn't doing what one likes, it's liking what one does? Yeah, well. I DID say that.

So no museum today. Calling hours for a friend's mama.

Tomorrow? No, Kim can't go tomorrow, she has grandkids coming to visit her.

Tomorrow night, I am going to see the latest Hunger Games movie with some of my girls and one of their friends. Again, liking what I do. It IS fun to share the excitement with them, then critique the movie, compare it to the books, ect.

And Saturday, I'm working the concession stand again.

Do I even get a say in life? Ha, I don't mind. I could barge through putting my foot down and choosing what I want to do instead, and probably couldn't even think of what to do with myself. And besides, I'm pretty certain that there's a blessing over doing what's good for others.

I had a dream last night that I was doing things I shouldn't do, hanging with some rebels (sometimes in my dreams I am a teenager again), and I could feel my conscience niggling. Finally I started crying, and told a whole group of really tough kids, "I can't do this anymore! I would rather have God's good pleasure over my life than anything else in the world!"

Anyway. That's the main goal in life...and when we do that first, all the rest sort of falls into place. And now I need to hurry hurry hurry...:)

3 comments:

Martha said...

Your dream made me smile.
Sometimes life just takes over, doesn't it?
One day I am going to go back and look around the Purple Monkey again, if it doesn't close before I get headed in that direction.
:0)

16 blessings'mom said...

I have never been in the Purple Monkey! A few of my older kids went there and told me it wasn't so great, but I do not believe that for a minute. One man's junk is certainly MY treasure.

Martha said...

I just like to look, and besides, there was a pile of old table leaves there somewhere and they make pretty cool shelves. Maybe you and I should plan a little escape.
:0)