summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

and....

Paul's leaving work early off we are going!

This morning, I googled the name of a blog I used to read that had gone private, and found a whole thread of mean-spirited comments directed at this blog writer. Criticizing, critiquing, and just plain hating on this mom for having lots of kids, and for adopting special needs children. The venom people can spew just shocks me! It's a free country, and heaven forbid one should say a word about someone being gay or switching genders, but if you choose to homeschool or have lots of kids, look out! Just to clarify this, I have no problem with whatever way people choose to live their lives, I am just making a point.



Yesterday, Kathryn, Jonathan, Camille, Davian, and Charlotte Claire, and I went to Pizza Hut to redeem the Book-It pizza coupons for homeschoolers. Then a quick trip to the grocery store for milk and veggies, and a new tablet charger for Miss Char. We also got those chocolate count down to Christmas calendars already! Only twenty days until December...whoa.

Tomorrow, my son Benjamin turns 27! He was born on Veterans' Day and has always had the day off on his birthday, how cool is that? And he is also a veteran! Anyhow, I wish I could give him a birthday hug, but he is out there in Washington state, all the way across the country. I do count my blessings that it's so easy to keep in touch these days with social media/texting, ect. Back in the day, we had to call family or friends long distance on our little black rotary-dial phone. And only in the evenings and on weekends, of course!

And, school must begin! Enough lounging!


Although Camille makes a cute lounger...

No comments: