summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

summer morning...

If I were to tell you that my life was all sunshine and roses, you would probably believe me.

But everyone gets trials, no one is exempt. Whether it's your finances, or your spouse, or kids, or your health...it rains on the just and the unjust, it says in the bible. It is how we choose to take it when things don't go how we think they should. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding...in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path." (proverbs3 5+6)

Anyway. Today we are going to the library. We are running out of eggs, and need to go to the store. Charlotte Claire is making scrambled eggs, Jon just made some too. I made waffles...flaxseed waffles. They weren't bad! And so easy, very healthy...
2 cups flaxseed
1 tablespoon baking powder
dash of salt
two teaspoons of cinnamon
Stir together

In blender cup:
5 eggs
1/2 cup water (I used coffee)
1/3 cup coconut oil
teaspoon honey
Blend it up!

Add to dry mixture. I made five waffles with it. I ate only one, with a bit of butter and a smidgen of fresh local honey, which Emily got me for Mother's Day, and I am savoring....

I walked this morning, it was hot! The road had lots of manure in it down a ways because there are farms around here, and fields...so I decided to turn around and go back down the Evil hill and back up it. ouch.

Anyway. The kids want to go to the library, and it's Evelyn's birthday on Friday so I asked her if she wanted anything...we'll see where we end up today. I need to move it though:).....

No comments: