summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

waffles...rain...sewing...new babies...

Jonathan is making homemade waffles, all by himself. He has separated the eggs, and measured everything...

Rain: Yeah, and I love it. The gloomy coziness...yum.

Sewing: I dragged out the machine, set it on the kitchen table, and made a basket liner and a cover for the drawers for the cupcakes for Mali's upcoming baby shower. The basket will hold the plates and silverware. I am also planning to hem some really soft fleece to make her a blankie.

New babies: my sister's ninth grandchild has just been born, in Australia! Ryan Gabriel was just born, and he is beautiful. I know it's really really hard for Cheryl because skype is just not the same as holding that baby and sinking your nose into his hair...but she did just get to see #8, little Lucia Grace, and #7, sweet little Nadine, last weekend. (and my sister's daughters share those babies, I love it!)

Also, my sister's youngest daughter, Audrey, just left for Australia for a year. Wah for Cheryl, but nice for Claire to have her little sister there with her, with a new baby and all.

Jonathan didn't melt the fats before adding them to the bowl of other ingredients, and now is using the mixer with the whisk attachment to try to blend them in. :) He'll remember that next time.

Yesterday I grocery shopped, Target-ed (Mom, you can't verb that!)(Yes I can if I want to!) (Don't you think if you put leftovers in baggies, then you can say, "baggy them up"?) We also stopped in to Hobby Lobby...love it. Just love it. I must say, I didn't know I needed so many things. I didn't BUY them, just walked by and admired and realized how much I need them.

Home, dinner: marinated chicken on the grill...(my favorite is boneless thighs, in vinegar and olive oil with some seasoning). Spinach with green peppers, broccoli. Putting away the groceries and making dinner at the same time is not my favorite. Then I pulled out the sewing machine, got it all set up and ready to go, and Kathryn needed to be picked up from soccer. Oh well.

Anyhoo, time to get moving. Nothing exciting going on, which is always nice. Just the ordinary busyness of daily life.

No comments: