summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 20, 2015

my happy place....


Grilling burgers on the deck...I realized last evening that I absolutely love our deck. It's old and splintery, and our patio furniture consists of those plastic chairs, one glass topped table, and a nice lounge chair from the second hand store, which we play musical chairs with. But we have a grill that works, and we get the sunshine out there all day...shade in the afternoon and evening. We have a fire pit out there too. Summertime is just plain sweet...

And:!!!
My very own granddaughter in my very own minivan! She was exhausted from her overnight travels from Washington state, although her mama and daddy said she was a good little traveler. She was headed to her other grandparents' house to catch up on some sleep. We won't see them until Monday...


And:!! Samuel James is home, on leave from the Army! Bad mom award, I fell asleep before he got home, fully intending on coming out to say hello..oops. So I took this nice pic of his backpack..

He's up and the day is starting...bye for now.

1 comment:

Sherah said...

I think when we take time to realize how much we genuinely do love things about our home, our life - and take time to pause and offer up thanks and praise in our hearts to Him for those little even silly things --- ah I just think that He loves that! The new English song on BMM reads "you are dear to Him and He just longs to bless you!" - rings true in my heart. He longs to bless us with good things and when he sees us joyful in the little things, I can imagine His heart swells with love and He can't wait to bless us with more. I would do that for ANY of my kids anyway!