summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

quick post about important stuff....

Well, it's Tuesday. It's beautiful out, very springy and lively, birds and tree branches waving in the breeze. Suri is panting in my face, she wants to go out and romp in some mud from the rain we had last night. Jonathan is playing StarWars with little Davian, Davian who has a light saber tucked into his belt loop, and his little baseball cap on. Too much cuteness....Davian just told me, "We're pretending."

I let Char choose yesterday, to go out to lunch or to the toy store to pick out a gift for herself. She had other presents too, two Star Wars t-shirts, Star Wars sleep pants, a girls' Nerf rifle, and some hair things. Anyway, she chose the toy store, duh. Oh the fun we had. I let them sit in all those little battery cars that we will never buy. We wandered up and down the aisles, but Char found nothing she wanted. I bought a little bouncy seat for Mali's baby:) When we were checking out, I told the cashier that Charlotte Claire was nine today, and Davian offered, "I am three!" She asked him how many that was, and he held up three fingers. She thought that was so cute. I had to restrain myself, this child knows which planet is closest to the sun, which planet is the hottest, and the capitals of all of the states. And, how to read anything.

Next stop: Target - Charlotte thought she could find what she wanted, and she did, a new light saber! They got popcorn and slushies, and got to choose a candy...Davian got fruit snacks, and snacked on them while we shopped.

It was a fun day.

Home: corn dogs and fries for dinner. Not for me, of course, but that was Char's choice for her birthday. I had a burger with no bun, a pile of fresh sliced beets with butter, lots of raw spinach, some pickles. Her dessert choice was pumpkin pie, so I made pumpkin pudding pie with graham cracker crust. They said it was good:)

This new eating style is challenging me....I feel really shaky in the mornings. I am hoping I get over it, and start feeling more energy. I already feel better in general. The thing is, my sugar cravings are gone, and that is a very large miracle.

The lilacs have bloomed in the yard, I think I'll go pick some so we can enjoy them...they smell so good....

No comments: