summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 9, 2015

feeling sentimental....



My seven youngest children, six years ago...we were at the cemetery to visit little baby Robert, who died before he got to meet all these happy kids (stillborn).

Life is easier these days, but this picture just made me realize that it isn't just my imagination: it was busy! But SO blessed!

Camille was 18 months, Charlotte Claire almost 3, Jonathan 5, Sonja Kathleen 7, Suzanne 8, Evelyn Joy 9, and Kathryn Grace had just turned 11. (not pictured: Margaret 12, Samuel 13, Mali Rose 15, Aaron 15, Joseph almost 17, Mirielle 18, Benjamin 19, Abigail 23, and Emily 25.)

Anyway...this fine morning I was up bright and early to drive older kids here and there, and now Camille is up, watching cartoons...I suggested it to her because it's Saturday morning! On school mornings, they wouldn't even think of turning it on.

Paul is home, it is warm out, and we had a great day at the beach. It was GORGEOUS there.

Tire swing! We were happy to be able to bring our little friend to the beach...the beach with the nice playground.


He's a darling...here he is playing with Jonny...


Jonathan is SO good with him, they adore each other.


And we can't forget the selfie of yours truly, sporting the sun hat from the dollar store. It did help my face not to scorch. I felt like pretty Over The Hill in it.



It was so beautiful there!


Then to the airport to pick up Paul..Jonny and I...

Happy Saturday!





3 comments:

Kanadiangirl said...

Beautiful beach! Which one is it? Your picture at the cemetery made me feel so sad for you. I've never had a stillborn, and can't even imagine the pain you went through. Blessings to you, dear blogger, whose posts I love to read so much.

Mom said...

Looks like a lovely day! I was thinking today that the last almost 8 years (since my oldest Olivia was born) have gone by in like a second. I hope the next 8 don't go by so fast. Hope you have a fabulous Mother's Day!

16 blessings'mom said...

Yes, the beach is beautiful. It's not my very favorite, but it's only 21 miles away. Fair Haven, it's called. I like Southwick better. But those beaches along the north shore of Ontario in Canada are AMAZING! Like the ocean, only no salt water or sand crabs.:) And thank you for your kind comment:)

Bonnie...oh doesn't time fly?! Hope your Mother's Day was wonderful.