summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 11, 2015

adventures in washington d.c.....


Yeah, a hotel bathroom selfie...hafta show off my new sunburn....

The Cherry Blossom Parade! The Dunkin car!

It was a beautiful day! Sunny and warm-ish, nice breeze...Sam was in the parade in his handsome uniform.... This is the Honor Guard, Sam is one of those soldiers.

After the parade, Sam went back to base with the Army guys...then came back and met up with us.

In the mean time, we visited the Smithsonian Museum of American History. We had to use the bathroom. We waited in a long long line to get in, then in another long line to use the restroom. Then...we sat in the sunshine...we had stood for SO long at the parade. WE arrived early, having gotten up at 6:30 and drove to the metro station, after grabbing some breakfast from McDonald's, which we stuck in Kap's backpack for later. We parked, took the subway, and arrived at an excellent viewing spot for the parade with time to spare. There were hundreds and thousands of people there, and they all seemed to want to come stand in front of us.

Anyway...after we decided to head back to the hotel...we discovered that the Smithsonian stop on the metro was CLOSED. We had to walk to the Arlington station. It was far far far, after walking around all day, especially. We walked across that big bridge...
The Monument started looking small.

We finally got on the metro heading east...there were no seats, of course, so I held onto the pole with all my might. The girls thought I was exaggerating, but I am not a small lady, and I really had to hold on.

My feet are blistered from the walking, and I am tired. Abigail and I went in the hot tub when we got here...it's good to be here in Virginia with Sam...and that's all I have to say about that.












No comments: