summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 16, 2015

monday morning lazies...

I know, I know, I could go in and wake them up, lazy children of mine. The older girls are up and about doing their school work...Camille is reading a book in bed, while Char slumbers away, Cam being a good girl and not waking up her sister. Jonathan is still sleeping too. One of the things I love about homeschooling is not having to rouse sleeping children from their comfy beds on dark cold mornings. I try to get them to bed early enough that they wake naturally, early enough to tackle schooling and get it out of the way so there's still lots of time for play. They were tucked in well before ten last night, so obviously they are catching up on sleep, isn't that nice for them? Honestly, when the elementary aged kids were in public school, they were always tired. They got home from school after four each day, and had to be in bed by 8:30. So five days a week, I had four hours to spend with them...after school snack, homework, dinner, playtime...it was never enough time, hence they had some days off:)

Anyway. I know it's not for everyone, but we are enjoying it immensely.

Emily, my oldest daughter, is starting her own catering company. She is a nurse at a big hospital, but has a passion for cooking. She bought an established business, complete with a delivery van, dishes, serving dishes, ect. But she's not keeping the money for herself, it's for our church. It will be lots of work, but fun too, and will keep the young people busy in a good way.

Samuel, my soldier son in the Old Guard, is on a bus heading to New York City, he is going to be in the St. Patrick's Day Parade there tomorrow.

And fast forward...it is now Monday afternoon...we did our school, then the kids read books while I worked out for a bit. Two of my girls still go to Real School, Evelyn and Sonja. When they got home, I brought them along with Camille to the small city to get salt for the water softener. We also stopped at the thrift store, where I bought a few books and not much else. We HAD to stop for a coffee, which led to a Coolata and an iced latte and three donuts. No, no donut for me.

Home: Aaron was here for a visit! Margaret and Jonathan had made chili for dinner.

Aaron is gone...the girls have been working out, doing homework. I cleaned up the kitchen and decided to sit down and relax.

The girls are now coloring at the kitchen table, and Jonathan is in from riding his bike, and playing a game on his tablet. It is nice today, but more snow is coming! More cold fronts, more snow...spring is going to be greatly appreciated this year.

I am excited about Easter. It is in 20 days, Camille and I counted today. She wanted to just Ask Siri on my phone, but I made her figure it out the regular math-y way. I suggested a family basket this year instead of individual baskets. The older kids are all for it, but the younger kids still want their own. I love filling Easter baskets. Chocolate bunnies and malted eggs and jelly beans...the smell of it all together, yummers. I will behave though.

Ah well...life is good.

No comments: