summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 9, 2015

happy anniversary to me...us...and another little trip...



Ah, 31 years ago today...I married him. I was 18 years old, and head over heels. I am STILL head over heels.

Obviously it hasn't been one smooth sailing trip through a bed of roses. ha, no sir. Marriage is a lot of work. You have to take the time to connect with each other, and keep it fun. You have to drop your ideas of how you think marriage should be...and when your feelings are hurt, talk about it! He is usually clueless! Men do not think the same way as women do.

I have had times where I have thought No Fair, I wish he hung on my every word, he doesn't appreciate me, doesn't esteem me...I have had my share of times when I thought my heart would just break...remember, we have been married for thirty one years! People change and grow and need space...but through it all, somehow, we have respected each other, and our love has grown deeper. We don't have to agree on every single thing.

But at the end of the day, what matters is that we have kept our hearts pure toward each other. Bitter thoughts haven't been allowed in. We have learned how to humble ourselves, to say we are sorry....and somehow, we have been blessed to still really really like each other.

And today, since Paul is in France, I am going on another little road trip! Just an hour or so away...a little get-a-way with Kim and 3 of her homeschooled kids, and my five homeschoolers...we have a few hotel rooms rented, and are going to celebrate her Olivia's 15th birthday! I have cuppycakes packed, and popcorn, and our bathing suits...we are leaving soon! Yay! pool, hot tub....here we come!

No comments: