summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 23, 2015

and, a birthday!!!



We had too much fun today!

It is this girl's birthday! Miss Kathryn Grace, aka Kap, or Kappy Sue. She is seventeen today...

Back when she was born, this tenth child of mine, Emily Anne, my oldest, was 13 years old. Abigail was 11, and Benjamin was 9. Mirielle was 8, Joseph 6, Aaron 5, Mali 4, Samuel 2 and a half, and Margaret was fifteen months old.

We went out and about today...to drop off some books at the library. Kathryn drove there, what fun for me!, ha. I had to use my invisible brake, but honestly, she is a good driver. You would think by number ten, I would be bracing myself less on the dashboard.

We went to Kohl's, to find a something for Kap's birthday. She didn't find anything that she liked that was reasonable. We went to Target, same thing. I took them to McDonald's drivethrough, and let them eat in the van while I went into the grocery store for good stuff. Evelyn and I bought the makings for a Chipotle-style meal. We also bought donuts (instead of making a cake), ice cream, which they didn't even eat.

Mali came over this evening. She is 17 weeks along now, and feeling a bit better, but still has morning sickness, and an ulcer, which complicates things. She certainly likes our kitty and Duke. She is going to be a good mama.

It has been a good day, but let's be honest: no day goes by without a few snags in it. One of the cars is acting up, one of the dogs pooped in the kitchen again, GOOD MORNING to me! One of my daughters stomped off to her room TWICE. I didn't work out, I ate bites of donuts...but only one chicken nugget and two fries from McD's.

It was a very cold day, sunny, but freezing. It was ten degrees when I woke up, and 19 later in the afternoon. That is well below freezing, and with a brisk wind, brr.

But, spring will come one of these days. We will appreciate it like never before. We won't grumble about anything, when the grass appears underneath all that snow.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

You are going to be sooooo happy to say goodbye to winter. You folk in the north east have had just the worst winter! I live in Alberta, Canada and have been in Arizona for 2 months to get away from winter and ours was nowhere near as brutal as yours.. Here in Arizona and California it has been much hotter than normal ....up in the high 80's. I think Mother Nature must have her knickers in a knot :-)

Marilyn from Canada