summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

we can dream....

My life is lovely. It really is. I love staying home, love home schooling, love my house, my husband, my dogs. And the kitties. But when winter gets long and cold and dark, I start thinking about those islands in the Caribbean, and sometimes I do more than think. I google these resorts on these islands.....

Not that I wouldn't love to bring the whole fam-damily, but mostly, I just want to go with Paul. So I can see him relax. I mean, he's a fun guy, but when his responsibilities are put aside and his cares melt away, I am left with a REALLY fun guy. A guy I really like being with. Perhaps my own cares melt away too, and the combination is just too good to be true. Toes in the sand, a drink at the pool bar, not worrying about what's for dinner or who is going where when with whom.

So Paul got a non-cash award from one of his bosses, which he assumed we would spend at Amazon. No, please, let's save it toward a vacation, I said. It's only about a sixth of the cost, but it's a start...

Anyway. Back to reality. Even if we don't ever end up going, the dreaming part is free, and rather fun.

And, I have a headache. I have ignored it all day, but now it is pounding. I took two ibuprofen, hopefully they'll kick in and it will go away. When I have a headache, it's hard to think about anything else, it is so THERE, in the forefront, dominating my day.

How can one exercise when one has a headache? Go for a walk? Go to the pool? No way. Not today. And yeah, part of me is glad for a good excuse, as I am my worst enemy when it comes to talking myself into a work-out.

I will however, behave with the food. I was tempted to make popcorn today, but I knew I would eat the whole bowl, so I had a mug of tomato soup and a cup of tea instead.

Jonathan ordered a quad-copter, a remote control helicopter thing with a camera on it, with his Christmas money. It's not supposed to arrive here until February, but that doesn't stop Jon from looking out the window expectantly every time he hears a truck. The waiting is the hardest part, but also half the fun. Camille is waiting for her Christmas doll, I contacted Kohl's and they were great about refunding my money, then letting me re-buy it for the same sale price. It must make sense to them.

My headache is actually going away. I will be so thankful, every minute, and take notice that I have nothing to complain about. OH heavenly bliss, to have a head that isn't pounding.

Paul is going back to France on Saturday, for two weeks. Mali has booked an Embassy Suites hotel room for tomorrow night in a big city a few hours from here, and is taking a few of her sisters for an overnight. She invited me. I had to decline, because Paul is only here for a few more nights...but it does sound tempting...pool, hot tub...




No comments: