summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 2, 2015

family pictures

This was taken the day after Christmas, when all the nurses finally had the day off...out on the deck...14 of the kids..From left to right, Sonja K. 12, Margaret 18, Mali 20, Joseph 23, Paul, Aaron 22, Kathryn in the hat 16, Abigail 28, and Suzanne 13. Next row Jonathan 10, me, Evelyn...then Camille in the front hugging Mirielle 24, and Charlotte Claire with Emily 29 who is kneeling down... .everyone except for Samuel (Army), and Benjamin (and Ashley and granddaughter Anya, out in Washington state)

One little miss Charlotte Claire got a Darth Vader mask for Christmas.

And since I have my computer all fixed thanks to my nice husband who ordered a new screen and installed it for me, now I can post pictures again.

Today, I went for my walk, in the snow. Yay me! Then after a leisurely breakfast of sprouted grain toast with butter and the yummiest pumpkin jam I could ever have imagined which I got from Emily for Christmas...I sat and had coffee...did some laundry, cleaned up a bit...then went out and about. Mali came over first, and took Evelyn, Char, and Cam to the big mall in the big city. So I took Margaret, Kathryn, Suzanne, and Sonja with me...we went to Target, where we almost got into a terrible crash with an old man in an old car with a hood as big as our entire Sentra was, who ran the stop sign and good thing we have good brakes on the minivan, and a loud horn. He flipped us off, like it was our fault...my legs were jelly, I was shaking inside. blah, all I could think of was, no, not another vehicle crashed!

We bought just a few Christmas leftovers, and a few things for Sonja K. Then to the grocery store for chicken and bananas and spinach and half and half and coffee and bread and... pizza and some chicken wings for dinner for the kids. Paul and I split the last steak, and had a huge salad.

Home, ah home. Mali brought the girls home, and they came home happy. They got new lip gloss, and they rode the carousel, and Mali took them to eat at Panera Bread. Cam said they were all spoiled.

There are four girls in the living room right now, and it is too distracting to write...I can't for the life of me even remember what I was going to write. Good thing they're cute.

5 comments:

Susan said...

The new family photo is great. I bet it takes some planning to get everyone together and lined up with a smile on their face!

Martha said...

Your family photos are great! I love that you took one f Charlotte Claire with the Vader mask on. (Guess what my guys are watching?)
So glad you have good brakes and didn't have another car accident. We went to get Joe from the little city today in that terrible sleeting weather, and saw a car off the road just past your street. It's good weather to be inside the house with a movie.
:0)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I especially like the one with the Darth Vadar mask. I can't believe how grown-up your kids are getting. I think I started reading your blog when the youngest was 4. Crazy! They grow up too fast. Happy New Year!

Tereza said...

What a great photo of a great bunch!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Miss Char is a Star Wars geek. Getting the whole family here at the same time isn't easy...
Martha, a few of my kids told me about that car off the road...they had plans for Saturday evening that were cancelled because of the slippery roads.