summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

exploring seattle....

Don't worry, I will take plenty of pictures! Today is my #6 child's birthday. okay, he's 22, he is all grown up. Today, we are going to Seattle! We will drive and park and take the metro, then walk down to the waterfront and take a ferry ride. What a way to celebrate your birthday, sightseeing with your mother. Aaron and I get along like peas and carrots. He is still sleeping right now, but I want to go down and get breakfast. I might have to risk waking him up, I can smell the Seattle's Best coffee, or perhaps I am just imagining it.

Tonight, we are going to a Mexican restaurant with Ben and Ashley and Anya, to officially celebrate the birthday.

We spent last evening at Ben's house. He and Ashley made pasta and meatballs, so Aaron and I brought over some wine, garlic bread, and salad stuff...and a FIFTY pack of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies....only SIX dollars at the Safeway. And believe me, oh yum. I am glad we have no Safeway stores in New York.

Anya enjoyed our company. She smiled for me, and played her little games. She is a smart little thing, she knows what's going on. I have tons of pictures, but my phone is on white noise right now, and I don't want to wake Aaron on his birthday.

The evening went too fast, we laughed and sat at the table solving the worlds' problems. No, actually I heard about lots of stuff I didn't know went on way back when...Ben was a teeny bit badder than I realized. phew, I am glad he somehow grew up into such a responsible guy.

Okay, here's the strange thing: I am here in Washington, the weather forecast for today: 59 degrees. Paul is in Florida, but heading home tonight. The kids are in the middle of a snowstorm! They will have possibly 2 feet of new snow by tomorrow. When I say "kids", I mean the nine left at home, and the oldest is 23, so they are fine. It's just weird.

I can't mommy every one all of the time:)

So today, I'll just mommy Aaron, ha.




No comments: