summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, October 26, 2014

sunday morning....

After reading my last post, I wondered why anyone even likes me, the way I brag incessantly about my kids. So realize this, please: I can't exactly write about the things I'm NOT proud of! Two of my girls room together, and they get along like peas and carrots. For about 5% of the time. The rest of the time? I will not even go there. I think they sometimes do it recreationally. For fun. Just get all up in each other's grilles. And I can't exactly illuminate you about the worry I have over one of my sons. And one of my girls gets SO touchy about everything.

I do not ever try to misrepresent anything when I write this blog. But out of respect for my kids, I can't exactly describe each and every struggle they have, or that I have with them. Samuel still gripes about the post I wrote a few years back about when his pants were falling down in McDonalds and I realized he needed a new belt, so I got him one at the dollar store. He was a teenager, and this was horrifying for him. Now he uses it as a hilarious story.

I have the Make The House Nicer bug. It's nice when it comes along, I try to go with it, because goodness knows it isn't going to last. I made new valances for the living room, bought a few nice little rugs, and am trying to make the End Of The Living Room nicer. The end where the kids play. I have fabric for new kitchen valances, and can't wait to get started on them. I also want to repaint, but the stove still makes things black, which is very healthy, I'm sure. It's a really nice stove, so I don't want a new one, I want it fixed. Paul knows a guy, but he didn't get a chance to call him before he went back to France again....blah. Maybe I should just repaint, and refuse to use the oven until he gets it fixed.

Today, I have to go to the Dome at the college and work at a concession stand for the marching band competition. I sign in at 2:30, it lasts until 10:00 or so. Emily, Margaret, and Kathryn are working all day. I don't mind working at all (it's a fundraiser for church), but it's a concrete floor, and my knees will be hurting. I like when it's really busy, then I can't hear my knees grumbling as much. And, I love seeing my friends!

One little girl wet the bed today, lots of bedding to wash.

Ha, they are turning on the WII, and kitty likes to try to attack the game.

Evelyn is reading a good book, she can't tear herself away from it.

I started a new book after I got in bed way too late last night, and read a few hundred pages. No wonder I am wishing for a nap already.

One little girl wrapped in a towel, fresh from the shower, is cuddling with me right now.

And, off I go....

1 comment:

Tereza said...

Anyone with kids knows there is always a mild roar of craziness in te background of any moms life! Teenagers esp are weird... Love you one moment and hate you te next