summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

too late to be up...

But today was busy, and I need some quiet.

Our comprehensive curriculum books didn't come yet, but we still did some school work. The girls wrote some opinions and facts about camping, then wrote a few paragraphs about their weekend. I picked out the words they spelled wrong, like "opinions", and "annoying tricycles", which were in the road when they were trying to ride their bikes. We made a list of 13 words in their spelling notebooks for them to learn. They did some math, just to get their brains going, then we went to the library.

Then, the grocery store for bananas and apples and Pop-Tarts (after the store coupon, only 67 cents a box. I do not eat them, nor do I really like to feed them to the kids...but I will ration them, and let them have them for treats.). We bought milk and spinach and lettuce and chicken breast and some cereal.

At the gas station I was pleased to have $2.34 off per gallon with my Price Chopper card, so I put over 16 gallons of gas in that van for $19.45.

Home, ah home. I started in on a library book about Auschwitz, which was terribly horrid, but based on true stories, so I read the entire book in one afternoon, while also making dinner (really yum chicken soup, Char had three servings), working out, doing some laundry, filling out school papers for three kids, which was relatively easy considering I have had years of doing that for 8 and 9 kids. I also gave baths to to bad labradors who rolled in something yucky.

I have three more library books, but don't want to start another one yet.

The school nurse called Paul today to ask where the little kids were. She didn't get the memo.

Paul picked a butternut squash from the garden this evening from the garden, and cooked it up. Oh so good with butter, salt, pepper. It was as good as having ice cream...maybe better.

Not eating in the evenings is one of the things I am working on. I find that sipping tea, like the vanilla caramel or chai, helps, but then I get heartburn, and have to go pee in the night. I feel like I am back on the right track again, but now that I know how easy it is to fall off the wagon and eat sugar, and how addictive it is, I no longer feel so strong and immune and invincible. I cannot be the One Bite person. Nope. A taste may satisfy some people, not me. It just makes me say What The Heck, and eat the whole thing. Okay, I exaggerate, and I do have some self-control, but it is just easier not to eat sweets, chips, anything like that. Just easier. No means no, I tell myself.

I don't eat bread anymore, and have changed my diet so much, yet if I so much as look at anything bad for me, I gain a few pounds back, which is totally No Fair.

But, it's my life now, and I will get back into my groove.

I miss the feeling I had almost captured of being Sporty. I want it back. I want to be able to work out and exercise and walk without feeling like I'm dying.

One thing's for sure, I will never give up. I will not. I won't make it to the cover of a magazine for an extreme transformation, but I will be healthy, and I will move every day.

My battery is running low, and I don't feel like getting up and plugging it in, besides it's so late and I have to get up in six hours. blah. It's hard to be motivated to exercise when I'm tired.:)

1 comment:

Joni said...

Just a thought - I have not personally tried this (yet) but have a couple sisters, a sis-in-law, and some friends who have bought a book called 'Trim Healthy Mama' and they have just loved learning this way to eat. Basically I understand that it is learning to eat carbs and fats separately. But the one thing they all rave about is how you EAT!! And still lose weight. So why haven't I jumped on the band-wagon? I don't think the book is very cheap, and to add over-seas postage ... I just haven't bit the bullet yet. I'm not trying to sell anything here - I don't have any affiliation with this THM, as I hear it referred to. But came to mind as I read your post today. :) You don't have to publish this comment, either, if you don't want. I will understand. Can just keep it as a personal message, if you'd like!