summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 15, 2014

never a dull moment....

Miss Charlotte Claire is sick. She complained on Saturday that she wasn't feeling well, then by the time we were headed to the airport to pick up Paul from France, it was clear that she had something going on. We had spent the day at the church soccer tournament, and all of the youth kids were going to have a barbecue. We needed some dinner, so I stopped at Arby's and got them a few things. Char only wanted hot tea. No fries, nothing, just tea. Hmm. Then she started saying how cold she was. dang.

This morning, she is throwing up. Now, Miss Char is 8 years old, and she is very capable and self-reliant. She knows how to make it to the bathroom. I feel sorry for her, but she is cheery. She doesn't have to do any school work today, because she says if she reads she will feel dizzy. So the poor girl is all snuggled on the couch with Suri, who thinks it's wonderful to have someone to cuddle with.

And, today I am taking the other home schoolers to the library. Joseph will look after Miss Char:)

Camille is doing some morning work, the new kitten is hopping around exploring, and I need to get moving. I thought I would have time to write, but nah. Not now.

I did get up and take my walk this morning, yay me. Now to just detox from sugar and all things bad and evil, like pumpkin spice coffee from Dunkin Donuts. Way too many calories, but it is SO good.

One thing I realize is that I need concentrate more on what I CAN eat, instead of just avoiding all the bad stuff. The spinach and cauliflower and those lo-cal crunchy things I eat peanut butter on... I need to stock up on those. The apple/almond snack instead of getting too hungry, the tea in the evening instead of popcorn. (Paul brought back chocolate from France. These little squares of dark chocolate are SO good, they taste almost peppery, are so dark but not dry and chalky...I am glad there is a limited amount:)(he passed out big bars to Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Jon...and KinderEggs for the princesses...)

Anyway...I need to get moving.

No comments: