summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

beautiful day....

Aah, life is good....

Today, we went to the zoo. It was a perfect day for it. We went with my brother Bob and one of his grandchildren, a sweet little girl, A., whom he babysits for. (he is retired.). (the penguins are adorable!)

My little girls loved helping with A., they got to pretend to be big sisters.

The lion washed her paws for us, and her friend got up, stretched, and took a nice drink from their little pond. We wanted to go in and pet them.



I walked this morning before our zoo trip, which went against all reasoning, because hey, I was going to be walking at the zoo! But we all know that walking briskly down the road, up and down hills, is not the same as strolling through the zoo with curious little girls.

We got home from our adventure, and dang it, I hadn't swept or washed any dishes before we went, so...blah.

A pot of coffee and some air-popped popcorn, and I had snack ready for the girls who came home on the bus.

And...it is busy here. Camille is excited about today's Activity Club kickoff at Emily and Abigail and Mirielle's house. She keeps asking me how much longer. Then she asks to watch television, which I continue to say no to. She can either read a book, play with her toys, or write a story about today's zoo trip. She is reading, "Junie B. Jones And The Yucky Blucky Fruitcake."

Charlotte Claire is playing with the kitten.

The older kids are all here, and it it too distracting to write, besides, I would rather talk to them.

No comments: