summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 2, 2014

yet another beautiful saturday...

The sun is shining and it is very warm and humid. July is all gone, summer is slipping away too fast. The house is quiet this morning because most of the kids are involved in a huge church play that will be performed during our fellowship week next week. Charlotte Claire and Camille are here, Paul is here. So it is quiet.

I was tempted to feel quite grumpy this morning a few times. I woke up at 6:30 when someone came to pick up Joseph for early morning filming of one of the scenes, then I must have rolled onto my back, because I woke up to Paul nudging me...shh, I snore. I somehow fall back to sleep again, then woke to Jonny nudging me, asking me for money for lunch today, which I had promised and forgotten to give. It was only 8:30, so I actually drifted off again...then the dogs started barking at who knows what. Oh well. Sleep is over rated. No, it isn't. It is delicious. That doesn't mean I have to be grumpy though. It could be worse.

Today my eighth child is 19 years old, Mr. Sammy. Or should I say, Private Sammy. He is far away from home, and I couldn't send him anything because he doesn't have a mail-receiving address yet. Oh, he's a big boy, he'll be fine. He seems quite happy down there on his base, actually. I miss him though. He's one of those kids who is just nice to have around.

I miss my son Benjamin too. I really hope he moves back here after the Army. How do grandparents survive when their grandchildren are so far away? I was not prepared for how much Anya stole my heart, and I simply miss her. I don't want to her to grow up as a long distance relative, who visits once a year and thinks we're all crazy. I don't want her to miss out on all the love we all have to share with her. Ben gets out of the Army in the fall, but is considering relocating elsewhere. They are all grown up and get to decide where they want to be, and I am supposed to be all grown up too, but wah! I want to cry like a baby!

The princesses are eating breakfast all by themselves at the kitchen table, and I feel guilty, so off I go...:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you realised but your surname is showing on the picture of Benjamin and Samuel. I remember you doing that once before and removing it. Just in case you hadn't noticed it but it is readable.