summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 25, 2014

adding to the general mayhem....

but first, a lovely pic of my Margaret and me, working the baseball game the other night...

Jon's friend gave him the most annoying toy, which also fascinates the kids. It is a miniature arcade-style claw machine that only works with carnival music. It has one volume: loud. Sonja is playing it right now. The little ones are in their suits, ready for our excursion. I have made phone calls today, and feel very accomplished. I got up and did dishes, swept floors, washed clothes and towels.

Duke was bad again last night and it's a good thing I don't have the superpower to vaporize dogs, or he would be just a fine mist right now. No, I love him, but oh dear. He howls in the night to go out. It's not his fault that I can't get back in bed and fall directly back into dreamland, but lie there thinking about all the things that I have to do, want to do, want to do better, and don't want to do. It seems like he is being evil, barking again right as I start to drift off....but he just wants to go out again. He wants to trot down the street to see his girl dog. The second time he barked, I just came out to tell him to shut up. He did. The third time, I was still awake, and Jon let him out without his leash, before I had a chance...rrr. So, I got dressed and grabbed the leash, and set off down the road just as the sun came up.

I took a little morning nap, but am so tired.

I just talked to the septic tank guy about getting the system inspected. The county mandates it, for our own good. It IS good for the local businesses though. Anyway. I emailed the window company about replacing some of these windows, and called the local garage about repairing one of the tires for the big van, so we can get rid of it.

Oh the fun. Now it's time to pack some lunch for our outing. It is sunny and warm and gorgeous out, and I am thankful. In a strange way, I am thankful for my sleeplessness last night too. It gives me time to think about people and pray for them, and pray for myself. I realized last night that I am really good at knowing that all things work together for the good for everyone else, but when things happen that rile me...

So...God is good.

No comments: