summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 11, 2014

ah, friday, how I love thee.....

Yesterday I took these lovely daughters of mine to the airport, Mirielle and Kathryn...what a lucky girl Kappy is, to have such a nice big sister. They are in Washington state for a few days, then on to San Francisco, down to San Diego. I am not exactly jealous, but wouldn't they have more fun with me along?

My littlest children are getting big, Camille and Charlotte Claire....

And, the molasses cookies I made for Paul's birthday celebration. I found another bottle of molasses in the cupboard:) They are SO stinking good, it's horrible. I wrapped the last few up, I tend to behave better that way. Paul ate lots of them. He didn't exactly say they were as good as his Grandma's were, because I'm pretty sure those are built up in his memory of warm times with her. He really loved and respected his grandmother.

I will post the recipe if anyone is interested. They are really easy to make, and just too good.

So yesterday, I finally got to sit in the sun with shorts and a tank top. Sun on my skin, oh heavenly relaxation. Jonathan and Camille were out on the deck with me, Jon brought out a blanket for them to lie on, which Duke promptly plopped down on. 20 minutes I was out there, and it was time to bring the girls to the airport. I had to stop at the store quick for a few things because we were having a big dinner, and I got some donuts to supplement the cookies for dessert...Jonathan cut them up and arranged them on a pretty platter, as if donuts need to look even better. Anyway. I got home and put things away and cleaned up and set up a salad bar for dinner, put the chicken in the oven, ect...and didn't get outside again. Those 20 minutes were appreciated though. And I did go for a walk earlier, and that was lovely too.

Today it won't get so warm, yesterday it hit 70. But Saturday is supposed to be really nice...and I am working at the Dome all day, blah.

Anyway. Last night was nice, Emily and Abigail and Aaron and Mali all came over. Paul was kind of surprised, and rather pleased to see them all. Aaron brought him a nice bottle of rum. Mali got here after Aaron left, she had to go to class late to pick up some papers. I stayed up too late talking to her, then found out she had to get up at 4:30 this morning to start her day, oops! I realized as I talked with her though, just how lucky I am. Of course there are trying times, trying to raise teenagers and put up with temper tantrums and straighten out squabbles...but these grown children of mine are truly my friends. Mali has matured so much, has learned to deal with things in her life, and I am so very proud of her. She is a kind young woman, a beautiful girl. Here I am, bragging about my kids again. But hey, if you can't brag about your kids on your blog, what good is it?

I kept Camille home again today because she had a low-grade fever off and on yesterday and didn't feel so good, but she seems fine now. She just told Jonathan, "I am having a good time in my childhood, and every day off is a good day." It's kind of funny, having Char at school, and watching Jonathan interact with Camille. He is super good with her. They are writing a list of things to do over vacation...

Today is the last day of school...then vacation! We're not going anywhere, but the kids will have nine days off, ending with Easter Sunday. And we are going on little outings and adventures, of course. Camille has them all written in pink marker on her list.

3 comments:

Joni said...

Yes, please post the recipe for the cookies! :) Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Recipe please! And brag away!

16 blessings'mom said...

Recipe coming tomorrow. Too tired tonight to get back up and get the recipe card...:)